Special Licence Applications


Are you planning to hold an event where you want to sell or supply alcohol over the Christmas and New Year period?

Then here are some things you need to know:

  • If you need a special licence for an event that is being held between 17 December 2017 and 15 January 2018, then we must receive your application(s) before Friday 17 November 2017.
  • Special licence applications must be received at least 20 working days* (preferably more) before your event date

*Working days don't include public holidays, weekends and the period from 20 December to 15 January inclusive.

If your application is contested (opposed or objected to), it will go to a hearing in front of the District Licensing Committee and any decision about your application will take longer.

Need advice? Then contact us if you have any questions to customer.services@tcdc.govt.nz or phone us at 07 8680200.